Monday, November 22, 2010

Maintain Don't Gain

My health insurance is pretty cool. They have lots of ideas and incentives to keep employees healthy. This holiday season is the "Maintain Don't Gain" Challenge. We all know that one is more likely to accomplish his or her goals when they are shared with other people, so why not share my goals with the whole damn world? I figured some of you might want to do the challenge, too.

It's pretty easy. Basically you choose one goal from each category (nutrition, sleep, mental health, physical activity) to work on throughout December. Click here for the details and a tracking sheet. I figure if I can accomplish all 4 of these goals, not only will I maintain my weight, but I'll probably feel pretty great by the time the new year rolls around! Here are my goals:

Nutrition -- keep a food journal at least five days each week

Sleep -- keep a consistent sleep schedule (10pm to 6am) on weekdays

Mental health -- read one section of "Feeling Good: The New Mood Therapy" at least five days each week

Physical activity -- go to the gym at least twice each week (spin class on Tuesdays plus one workout on the weekend)

I'll be back to let you all know how I'm doing!

2 comments:

  1. I signed up today but it didn't have me set up any goals. ??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good work! I have changed a few of my goals... Here they are:

    Physical Activity: attend the climbing gym every Monday and Friday

    Nutrition: Eat a healthy breakfast every morning.

    Sleep: No Ipod in bed!

    Mental Health... slightly too personal, but we can chat at work. ;)

    Good luck to US!

    ReplyDelete