Friday, November 21, 2008

Blackberry Storm


Well, people, it's finally here! I've been waiting for this phone like, a whole week, haha! About once a year, I get these intense cravings to buy the latest electronic device, and this year it was the new touchscreen Blackberry. Other people have been waiting for this phone for months, so I knew there would be a line when Verizon opened at 7am this morning. I drove by last night around 8pm just to make sure the line hadn't started. Would I have waited? Probably. Luckily, there was no line, so I snuck in a few hours of sleep. My plan was to show up at 6am, but I kept hitting the snooze button, so I got there at about 6:55. I was person #30 in the line. The first guy in line apparently got there at 10pm last night and slept on the sidewalk. Most other people got there between 5am and 6am. Thank GOD there were exactly 30 phones. I got the last one! I only had to wait about 45 minutes in the cold, and then another 45 minutes to complete the purchase and have my data transferred. Overall, it was a very pleasant morning.

So far it's pretty cool. The touchscreen will be a big adjustement. It's similar to the iPhone's but you have to physically depress the entire screen to select, like a giant mouse button. It's pretty accurate and I'm getting faster at texting. The coolest part is that I can check my email! I've never had that feature in a phone, and man, is it nice. I just need to figure out how to sync my work email. My only complaint so far is that I can't rearrange or hide the icons on the mainpage. I'm sure there's a way; I just need to figure it out.

Overall it's pretty sweet!

1 comment:

  1. Very cool. I want one. Give us an update in a week or so I can see if you still like it.

    ReplyDelete