Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Mystery Revealed

My surprise date was FINALLY last night! Here's how it unfolded...

Joe had been giving me hints all day. First he said, "It's south of our house." But my next hint an hour later was, "It's north of our house." What a brat.

We left the house headed south. He promised it wasn't a Jazz game, so I replied, "GOOOOD cause I really couldn't figure out why you would think I wanted to see a basketball game!"

Our first stop turned out to be Mikado for sushi. I guess the initial plan was Ahh Sushi (one of our favorite places) but Joe got off work late and we missed Happy Hour at Ahh. Luckily, Mikado has Happy Hour until 7. It was nice to try somewhere different!

Then came the main event. We headed north on I-15, got off downtown, and headed towards The Gateway/Energy Solutions Arena. Can you see where this is going? Yes, it was a Jazz game! Man, did I put my foot in my mouth!

But here's the tricky part. Joe knows I LOVE the Celtics. I go to the game every year, paint my hair green and get all crazy trying to piss off the Jazz fans. Apparently, tickets are only sold in 2-game packages, so last night's Bulls game was a extra bonus/preview to the Celtics game! Once I figured out WHY Joe would take me to the Bulls game, I could actually enjoy myself, knowing that he really does know me! And it was an edge-of-the-seat game. Unfortunately, we lost by 1 point in the last second.

The funny thing is Joe actually put "Special date with Joe" in my phone on February 19, but I never looked that far ahead after I found last night's date scheduled in my phone. He's a tricky one!

Now I gotta plan a suprise date to get even with him!

2 comments: