Tuesday, November 15, 2011

My favorite things

Here are some of the things I can't live without these days.

Sally Hansen Salon Effects Real Nail Polish Strips

This is the BEST beauty product I have come across in years.  Forget painting your nails or paying for expensive manicures.  These strips take about 10 minutes to put on and they stay for WEEKS without chipping.  They go on dry so there is no drying time so there is no way to smudge them.  They come in tons of cute patterns including special-edition patterns around certain holidays.  Here are some of my favorites:


Spun For You (Limited Edition Halloween)

 Bling It On (Regular Line)

Kitty, Kitty (Regular Line) 

Hot Wired (Limited Edition Halloween)

Winter Funderland (Limited Edition Holiday)


Joe bought us one of these for Christmas last year, and I love it so much!  You just place the whole base under the tap and it filters the water and fills up the re-usable plastic water bottles.  They are easy to take on the go, and I have been drinking significantly more water since we bought this.  We even bought 4 extra bottles because we go through the water so fast.  The only complaint I have is when people in my house don't fill them up.  Funny story -- I recently did a little experiement to prove to Devyn and Joe that they never fill them up, but I learned in the process that I was actually the culprit!  


This is the most amazing calendar app I have ever used.  I literally could not function without it.  It lets me color-code appointments into different catergories (work vs home) and use little symbols to break them down even further (court, CFTMs, meetings, etc.)  The BEST part about it is that I can "share" my calendar with people, namely Joe, so instead of calling me to say, "What are we doing on Friday night?" he can just look in his phone!  Or, when I have a late night at work, he doesn't have to worry about me, because he could see my client's address in my calendar if I disappeared.  I haven't tried this yet, but I could even create appointments slots and share the calendar with my workers to schedule meeting times with me.  So cool!



Chevre (Goat Cheese)

I love all types of cheese, but goat cheese is especially marvelous.  Try drizzling a little honey over it and warming it up in the oven.  Heaven!



I haven't used this a lot yet, but from what I can tell so far, this is an amazing idea!  Basically you upload all your music from your hardrive to Google's "cloud", download the app to your phone, and then you can play all your music directly from your phone without it clogging up your memory.  That means I can "store" all 100gigs of music on my phone.  Cool!



I swear to God, this is the most comfortable and supportive bra for girls with big boobs!  The lady at Frederick's made me try it on, and I didn't want to because it looks so frumpy on the hanger, but it looks HOT once you put it on!  I buy 2 or 3 now every time I go to Vegas.  They are really reasonably priced, too -- only $36, and frequently on sale on top of that.  Try one out!





I was introduced to one of her books earlier this year in my Book Club and I absolutely loved her.  I immediately when tout and picked up her other 2 books.  Her writing style is smart, sassy, funny, realistic, and heartfelt all at the same time.  I highly recommed her books.

 What Alice Forgot

The Last Anniversary 

Three Wishes

Corona

I don't know what my deal is, but I just really love Corona lately.


Kostizi

This is the world's best discount website!  They sell gift cards to restaurants and bars all over town for huge discounts, sometimes even over 50%.  Joe and I go to The Point After by our house about 2-3 nights a week for dinner because we get the gift cards for so cheap.  I had to invest in an expandable check folder to organize all my awesome gift cards!  The coolest thing about it is that they are trying to get all the restaurants on board with using a card so all balances would be stored in one place rather than seperate paper gift cards.  Some restaurants already use the card and I'm hoping more join soon.  Paperless is the way of the future!  Also check out the sister companies, Big Deal Utah and the CW Store.







No comments:

Post a Comment