Monday, October 13, 2008

The Decline of Social Work Values, Part 2

I have this Costco-sized bag of plastic forks in my desk drawer at work. It's become a habit to just grab one on the way to the lunchroom. Today, however, I brought soup, so I set the useless fork on the counter in exchange for a nice spoon I found. Then I sat down to eat and chat with my coworker, Jen.

A few minutes later, one of the supervisors here walks in to heat up his leftovers. Jen and I are chatting away, and I happen to glance up just in time to see this guy quickly rinse off my plastic fork, and then slyly slip it into his pocket.

Some people around here just think they are exempt to social norms and boundaries.

2 comments:

  1. Not me, my money is on Grant?
    I thought I saw his eye lids a different shade of closed (Grant always nods off in meetings for those of you who don't know him that is why this is funny on more than one level)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my god it was grant! you are psychic.

    ReplyDelete