Monday, December 8, 2008

The Economy


As many of you may already know, Steepandcheap.com and Whiskeymilitia.com are two of the best shopping sites around. Not only are their prices dirt cheap (usually upwards of 50% off), but their warehouse is here in Salt Lake, so you can pick things up and avoid a shipping fee. Well, not anymore. I got this email today:
No Mas: Order Pickup at Warehouse

We just wanted you to know that we'll no longer offer the option to pick up orders at our warehouse. If you have any orders still waiting to be picked up, you can come and get them, but from now on, we will only ship orders.

It's a bummer, we know, but it's what we have to do to keep the deals great. The good thing is that no matter which shipping option you choose, if you live the area, you'll usually get your order within a day or so.

Thanks for understanding.
Whiskey Militia

Can someone please explain to me how this will "keep the deals great"? If anything, it should be cheaper to pay one guy to stand at the counter all day and walkie-talkie to the back that I'm here to pick up my hoodie, rather than pay the $7 to ship it and lose $2 since they only charge $5 for shipping. Then multiply that $2 by the 500 hoodies they ship every day. And what if I buy a snowboard? I think it's still just $5 shipping, so now they are losing like $50 on shipping. Retards.

I guess I'm done shopping there since I'm not a boarder/skier/skater and the only reason I was shopping there was the deals. This is lame.

No comments:

Post a Comment