Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Spring Break Day 1

St. Patrick's Day

Joe and I arrived in Vegas around 7:00 p.m. (we got a late start after a long night of drinking and one nasty hangover). We stayed at the Tropicana, which I would highly recommend for the following reasons:
1. cheap as hell
2. great location
3. mirrors on the ceiling!!!

This was my "free week" after a month of eating healthy to lose weight for the wedding, so we headed straight for Mexican food! We ended up at Gonzalez y Gonzalez at the New York New York. I have this goal to find the best chile relleno in Salt Lake, and let me just say, if this place were in Salt Lake, it would win by leaps and bounds. This chile relleno was amazing, not to mention the awesome salsa and the Dos Equis ON TAP!

We spent the rest of St. Patty's just walking up and down the Strip to check out the crazies. The Venetian dyed their river green, but it was too dark to get a good pic. There was reportedly a leprechaun wandering around letting people pick prizes from his pot of gold, but we never found him! Otherwise, the Strip was like Sodom and Gomorrah. I seriously thought I would turn to stone after I saw the people dancing nearly naked in front of Margaritaville. I like crazy, but this was even beyond me. I ended up just taking some lame pics of Strip and going to bed early (well early in Vegas means 3:00 a.m.)

Here are some of the pics I took:
The BellagioThe Paris
The MirageThe MGM
Joe LOVES getting his pic taken (The Venetian)
Check out the sweet Leprechaun tux (and the hottie wearing it)

No comments:

Post a Comment