Monday, April 18, 2011

Day 7: What invention would you like to see in your lifetime?

I hate when you have this great idea to invent something, and then you find out someone else already invented it! When I was about 10, I had this amazing idea to invent a drive-through gas station. Why go inside if you could order your Diet Coke and your Hot Tamales from the guy in the little window?! I was SO MAD the first time I actually saw one of these places.

I also hate it when you see the coolest, simplest invention and you think, "Why didn't I think of that?! I could be a millionaire right now!" I should have invented:I think it's funny to hear about other people's ideas for new inventions. My college roommate wanted to invent a GIANT person-sized blow dryer to put in your bathroom and stand in front of when you get out of the shower. It would dry you instantly so you'd never have to use towels or be cold. That sounds so stupid to me!!

I can't wait to see what sort of technology is invented before I die. I hope one day I'll be able to buy my groceries or board a plane with a simple scan of my eyeball (a la Minority Report). I want to be able to see images on the backs of my eyelids, like movies, books, or the internet. Maybe one day we can get cell phones and MP3 players implanted in our bodies so we can control them instantaneously just by thinking who we want to call or what music we want to hear. And of course, I would love the ability to teleport (cheaply) so I can visit any place I want and never have to commute to work!

No comments:

Post a Comment